Friday, April 27, 2012

Bread baking helpers I can't live without!

Over the years it has been my experience that they are a lot of kitchen gadgets that you can purchase for this job and for that job. Some of them seem like a waste of money and a waste of space in my already crowded kitchen. But when it comes to baking bread, something I do at least once a week and in large quantities, I want to save time, money and still enjoy the process of making homemade bread.

I'd been eyeing these Dough Rising Buckets from King Arthur Flour for sometime, probably a couple of years, at least. I wasn't convinced that it was necessary to have a bucket for rising dough. I have 2 large bowls in my kitchen, plus my mixing bowl. I often make 3 or 4 types of bread in one day and I finally got tired of washing all those bowls out so I could use them for the breads first rise and decided to order two buckets this winter.


They are awesome! The dough actually rises faster and no more guessing if the dough has doubled. I also use them when I make no knead bread. I can make a batch of no knead bread ( 3 loaves) and keep it in the bucket in the back of my fridge.

The Flour wand is another tool that I love. I have had this for quite a few years and its perfect for dusting your counter top and bread while kneading. You will never use too much.



The last two tools I enjoy using and make my job easier are both from Pampered Chef.
The pizza dough roller is awesome for rolling out bread dough as well as pizza and cookie dough. I like it because I can use it with one hand and my children also find it user friendly.



Lastly is the flour/sugar shaker. I have never actually kept flour in mine. I have two of these. One is for sugar/cinnamon mixture and the other I keep powdered sugar in.


Cinnamon Raisin Bread never had it so good! Of course I can't forget the last of my baking helpers. She is priceless. I'm sure a lot of you already have one of your own, if not check with your neighbors, friends or relatives. I bet they will let you borrow one, especially if you teach them to make yummy bread!

~What  tools do you use to make baking bread or other goodies easier which you have found you can't live without? 



Linking to



3 comments:

  1. After 20 years of bread baking, I finally got a "dough scraper" and I love it! It is handy for scraping the counters and also dividing the dough for loaves, rolls, etc. Isn't a new gadget fun? Thanks for sharing your favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to find myself a dough scraper! I'm always grabbing a knife for dividing dough and spatula to scrap the counter.

      Delete
  2. King Arthur Flour sells a dough scraper with wooden handle online. They call it a bench knife. I love it! Can't believe I haven't had one until now.

    ReplyDelete