Sunday, November 21, 2010

Indoor Market

Saturdays indoor market at the community center was a bust. They just don't get enough traffic coming in there. I took 20 loaves of bread and sold 5.  There were about 16 vendors with awesome products and lovely displays. Some of these folks depend on there sales as their only source of income and go to a lot of work to offer their products to the community.
Rubino's was there with homemade spaghetti sauce gift packs and home made chocolate chip cannolis  which looked fabulous! Guess I should have snapped a picture of those.



Lindsey Weisser of :::Bake:::. was there. I think she is new to the market - not sure but she sells muffins, breads and candy pecans. She gives away samples of her pumpkin bread and it is Sooo good!


This vendor makes homemade peanut butter- he gives out samples and it  was delicious too.
I should have bought some.


Is there any flavor the other, Other, Mrs. Smith doesn't make into a pie?
Her pies get raves reviews and she always has them coming back for more.

And here is my display

I tried a couple of different recipes this week. This one is a Cinnamon Swirl Orange bread and it is every bit as good as it sounds! I found the recipe in an old Betty Crocker cook book. Much to my family's dismay- I did sell out of this bread.


Another new product I offered is the Pumpkin Maple Pecan Butter.


On the Plus side - I am So excited. I had my first customer from the Summer Market stop out to the house. I have people stop for fresh eggs all the time but she was after my Hallelujah Bread! I had put what was left over from yesterdays market in the freezer and she was happy to have it frozen. I also sold her a loaf of the Rosy Swirl bread- featuring fresh cranberries in the middle.  I am **EXCITED!**


The indoor market will continue the first 3 weeks in December. 8-1pm at the Geneseo Community Center. Take a break from your Saturday and come and see the  handmade products these people have to offer.
Besides the above photos there was a young man from Hillsdale selling solid wooden doll beds and wardrobes - much nicer then American Girl doll furniture and priced nicer too.

There was cookies, quilt runners, bags, handmade mittens, jewelry and Amanda of My Mommy's Creations is  also usually there with her line of hair bows and accessories for little girls. Fabulous ideas for Christmas. 

I'll be back to purchase if not to sell.
Hope to see you there!

~ Kathy




1 comment:

  1. I'll bet the Pumpkin Maple Pecan Butter is good :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete