Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Easiest Bread Recipe Ever- No Knead Bread

I want to share this bread recipe with you. I can not take credit for the recipe, its not mine but I can not remember where I found it online either.
 
Four ingredients. That's it.
 
3 cups lukewarm water
6 1/2 to 7 1/2 cups flour
1 T. salt
1 1/2 T. yeast
 
 
Put these 4 ingredients in a bucket and stir them up to make a rough, sticky dough.
If you use a stand mixer, mix for about 30-60 seconds or stir with a wooden spoon or whisk.
 
Cover and allow to stand at room temperature for about 2 hours. Then refrigerate for 2 hours or up to 7 days.
 
When you are ready to make your bread, sprinkle the top of the dough with flour and grease your hands. Then pull off a chunk about the size of a softball.  Plop dough onto floured work surface and shape into a log or round loaf.
 
Place dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment and sift a light coat of flour over the top. This will keep the loaf moist as it rests before baking. let this rise for 45-60 minutes. Preheat over to 450 degrees. Place a shallow pan (metal or cast iron) on lowest rack and have 1 cup of hot water ready to go.
 
After the dough has risen, slash the top of the bread 3-4 times with a sharp knife. Place in oven
and immediately pour water in the pan and shut the door. Bake for 25-35 minutes.
Will make 3-4 loaves depending on size.
 

This bread is awesome by itself, served with soup, salad or any meal.
 
 
Makes Yummy grilled sandwiches and works in a pinch as pizza crust too!
 
 
 
Bread baking doesn't get much easier!

ENJOY!!
 


2 comments:

  1. I am definitely trying this recipe; love that it goes into the refrigerator and waits on ME...how wonderful is that!?
    many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I just found your blog and your fb page. I think that you and I are the same, lol.
    I live on the Colorado Prairie, but I'm really a Jersey girl, trying to learn the country thing. My wonderful husband is a farmer and grew up on a farm "out here".
    We're trying to farm, too. We live on the Big-Ag ruined prairie. We're trying to do organics. We're trying heirloom and old varieties, as well as things that will in theory grow here but people don't plant only for lack of elevators. It's a slow process.
    We're also trying to raise pastured animals.
    Anyway, I wanted to say hi. I think that I'll try this bread, too.
    Please stop by my blog, here... homesteadfailure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete